cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the power consumption of VL53L5?

DIm.1
Associate

Hello. I am really interested in your new product, VL53L5.

I only had the databrief sheet, but I cannot estimate the power consumption of it.

Can I know the power consumption?

1 REPLY 1
John E KVAM
ST Employee

The datasheet is available from ST.com. Just search for VL53L5CX. Click on "documents" and you can get it. But some people find it faster to get the datasheet from Mouser or Digikey.

But the power consumption numbers numbers are in there.

If you run in continuous mode (60 FPS in 4x4 mode, or 15 FPS in 8x8 mode) you are going to consume:

Parameter 2V8/1V8 2V8/2V8 3V3/3V3 Unit

216 266 313 mW

The reason for the funny headings is the chip uses 2 power supplies, which can be different.

So it's not really useful for battery powered devices that run all the time.

One can of course run one range per second which drops the power down by a ton.

For this you burn 11 mw in 4x4 mode.

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'