cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm looking for a mems or IMU sensor solution can be measured X. Y, Z axis tilt within 0.05 degree repeatability.

HKita.1
Associate

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @HKita.1​ ,

ST portfolio offers some solution for the tilt measures, in particular the class of the inclinometers (IIS2ICLX, IIS3DHHC, ISM330DHCX).

I suggest you to have a look to the Precise and accurate tilt sensing in industrial applications - AN5551 Application note

Your specific requirement is a bit strict, but basically depends upon how good is the calibration of your device (that should be performed at the beginning of the tests), and the underlying acceleration noise. Supposing the device are well calibrated, and the environmental noise is 0.5mg, the accuracy (and repeatability) of the tilt measure should match your requirements up to 50/60 deg.

0693W00000HrNgTQAV.pngBut if the noise level is higher, you should try to improve it by averaging the output over n samples.

0693W00000HrNieQAF.pngIf my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @HKita.1​ ,

ST portfolio offers some solution for the tilt measures, in particular the class of the inclinometers (IIS2ICLX, IIS3DHHC, ISM330DHCX).

I suggest you to have a look to the Precise and accurate tilt sensing in industrial applications - AN5551 Application note

Your specific requirement is a bit strict, but basically depends upon how good is the calibration of your device (that should be performed at the beginning of the tests), and the underlying acceleration noise. Supposing the device are well calibrated, and the environmental noise is 0.5mg, the accuracy (and repeatability) of the tilt measure should match your requirements up to 50/60 deg.

0693W00000HrNgTQAV.pngBut if the noise level is higher, you should try to improve it by averaging the output over n samples.

0693W00000HrNieQAF.pngIf my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster.

-Eleon