cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am new to STM 32 MCU, it might be a basic issue I might be facing but couldn't find any solution in the documentations as well. When I am trying to connect STM 32 Nucleo and an IKS01A2 expansion board using a Unicleo GUI I am facing some problem

Kbabu.670
Associate II

When I am trying to login to Unicleo GUI I am able connect to the communication port but the firmware description, version, expansion board name and library version in the login screen is showing unknown as I result , i suppose, am not being able to connect expansion board( I am using stm nucleo F401RE and the Nucleo –IKS01A2 expansion board).In the user messages it is showing that the successive port is being opened but I am not been able to get any communication with the expansion board as such .(I have already downloaded the virtual port driver as well and I have copied the firmware file from en.excube MEMS1 to user file as well)

Please find the attached screenshot from the Unicleo screen as well.

0690X00000ArNWpQAN.png0690X00000ArNWuQAN.png

5 REPLIES 5
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

You have to first program the Nucleo board with firmware from X-CUBE-MEMS1 package. In this package you can find DatalogExtended firmware which you can use for sensor testing and many applications which can be used for motion libraries evaluation.

Kbabu.670
Associate II

Thankyou so much for your quick response .

I have already downloaded X-Cube-Mems1 package and opened the projects folder inside where I could find the corresponding file of my expansion board IKS01A2 and I have copied all the binary data files to the firmware file of Unicleo -GUI as well. As you have mentioned when i am trying to run the datalog extended firmware program to board using mbed compiler i am not been able to upload as well ,I suppose (STM32F401RE-Nucleo\STM32F4xx-Nucleo-DataLogExtended) this is the firmware you are talking about.

Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

In each project directory is Binary directory where you can file .bin, you just have to copy this file to disk drive associated with your Nucleo board. This will program the Nucleo board or you can copy the binary files to Firmware directory for Unicleo-GUI and then double click on the selected binary file, this will do the same thing.

There is no need to use any compiler. Also I'm bot sure why you speak about mbed compiler, the projects in X-CUBE-MEMS1 are prepared for EWARM, Keil and SW4STM32.

Kbabu.670
Associate II

I have copied the .bin file to the associated disk drive as you have mentioned and the program is written to nucleo board then too after opening the unicleo GUI I am seeing the same log in screen as above......I will explain more further what I did,I went to project folder selected the expansion board and the I have selected one action for instance Ecompass and copied the binary file to the drive and the program was written but still when I am opening the unicleo-GUI I am not been able to see any the options...

Kbabu.670
Associate II

Dear Miroslav,

it was actually the com port that was causing the problem.....I have changed the port now it is being working quite good...…..Thankyou again for your time and support