cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How the current consumption of ISM330dlc was measured? Is it for SPI or I2C? Are VDD and VDDIO connected during the current consumption measurement?

KJose.1
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @KJ.2ose​ ,

The (average) Vdd consumption is measured on the Vdd line with the device configured but not communicating (so, Vdd and VddIO lines can be considered connected together). Since however the SPI/I2C lines are under the VddIO path, if you decouple Vdd and VddIO and you measure the Idd only on the Vdd path, you ill get the same values ad the ones declared in the DS.

The fact is that you can run SPI and I2C in a broad range of frequencies, that directly affects the overall device's power consumption.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @KJ.2ose​ ,

The (average) Vdd consumption is measured on the Vdd line with the device configured but not communicating (so, Vdd and VddIO lines can be considered connected together). Since however the SPI/I2C lines are under the VddIO path, if you decouple Vdd and VddIO and you measure the Idd only on the Vdd path, you ill get the same values ad the ones declared in the DS.

The fact is that you can run SPI and I2C in a broad range of frequencies, that directly affects the overall device's power consumption.

-Eleon