cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I have the problem that my actual sample rate does not match the sample rate I set. What causes this inconsistency and how can I solve it? Thank you a lot in advance.

CTett.1
Associate II

I am using the IMU Accelerometer from the sensortile.box with a output data rate of 833Hz together with the RTC(Time) and write the output to the SD card. So I would expect to have 833 samples per second, but I actually get only 775 samples per second on average. If I look at the data I see that I have sometimes a gap of 4ms between to data points.

6 REPLIES 6
niccolò
ST Employee

Hi @CTett.1​ ,

the default firmware is not optimized for precise logging, it happens to me too, that some samples are lost

you can try using the high speed datalog function pack that was developed just for that and is more precise

Let me know if this solves your problem

Niccolò

CTett.1
Associate II

Hi @niccolo.ruffini​ ,

Thank you very much for the fast response. With the new firmware I have the problem that the ST BLE sensor app is not able to find the device anymore, which worked before fine. Also the red LED is on constantly. What does that mean?

Thank you very much for your help, best regards,

Carla

niccolò
ST Employee

Hi Carla @CTett.1​ ,

I'm sorry, I double checked, and the firmware I was referring to is not part of that pack anymore, the one I linked is for another board only, that is why you can't see the board now.

I think that to have the results you need, you should start from one of the function packs available on the sensortile.box page and write a custom fw that only writes sensor data.

I would start from the FP-SNS-ALLMEMS1, that should be the most complete one.

Niccolò

Hi Niccolò,

Thank you for checking, in this case I will try to write a custom fw and see if that gives better results.

Best, Carla

CTett.1
Associate II

Hi Niccolò @niccolo.ruffini​ ,

I bought the STEVAL-STWINKT1B STWIN Starter kit since this one is made for high speed data logging. I loaded the high speed datalog firmware. I was able to connect to the device on the ST BLE sensor app, but after I returned to the start page I was not able to connect again to the device. If I go to "connect to a device" it does not show me the device. I tried turning off and on the bluetooth, closing the app, loading the firmware again (the default firmware and the high speed data logging), pressing the reset, power and user button, but the device is still not showing up. What do I have to do that it will show me the device again?

Thank you very much for your help in advance and best regards,

Carla

Hi Carla @CTett.1​ ,

sorry for the late reply,

have you tried to flash a new firmware to check if the board can be rebooted?

Niccolò