cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different sensors with same name LSM6DS0 ????

Katzenberger.Michael
Associate III

Currently I'm working with an "old" IKS01A1 expansion board which should be populated with a LSM6DSO 3D acceleration and gyroscope sensor:

0690X00000A9S6jQAF.png

But running the X-CUBE-MEMS1 software fails due to a wrong chip ID.

The software expects 0x6C but the chip has 0x68.

After downloading the newest LSM6DSO datasheet I can see the difference (and not only the chip ID ;-))

old version 2014:

0690X00000A9S6UQAV.png

lastest version:

0690X00000A9S6yQAF.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

​HI @Katzenberger.Michael​ , please consider that the X-NUCLEO-IKS01A1 mounts the LSM6DS0 (ending with number 0, zero), responding to WHO_AM_I = 68h. This is a different module (with different packages, pinout and performances) from LSM6DSO (ending with letter O), whose WHO_AM_I is 6Ch. Please note also that the IKS01A1 expansion board is in NRND state. Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

​HI @Katzenberger.Michael​ , please consider that the X-NUCLEO-IKS01A1 mounts the LSM6DS0 (ending with number 0, zero), responding to WHO_AM_I = 68h. This is a different module (with different packages, pinout and performances) from LSM6DSO (ending with letter O), whose WHO_AM_I is 6Ch. Please note also that the IKS01A1 expansion board is in NRND state. Regards

Katzenberger.Michael
Associate III

Hi Eleon,

thanks for your feedback. Indeed the chips are totally different but at the first look you will not see the slight but meaningful difference between an zero digit and and the letter O 😀

Best regards,

Michael