cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detecting a short isolated event using lsm6dso32x

IRogo.1
Associate II

Hi,

I'm trying to use LSM6DSO32X to detect a short (<5ms) event isolated by at least 100ms from other events (before and after). It's on the Y axis and with a threshold of 500mg. I'm not having any luck setting up a single TAP event or by using FSM.

Any advice would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @IRogo.1​ ,

Welcome to ST Community!

You can't use FSM because it works up to 104 Hz and 5 ms means to work at least at 200Hz.

If your signal is like a tap you can use the TAP Algorithm but considering the limited signal duration you need to set ODR accelerometer at least at 400Hz.

You can use Unico GUI to try the tap settings.

If my reply helps you, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster 🙂

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @IRogo.1​ ,

Welcome to ST Community!

You can't use FSM because it works up to 104 Hz and 5 ms means to work at least at 200Hz.

If your signal is like a tap you can use the TAP Algorithm but considering the limited signal duration you need to set ODR accelerometer at least at 400Hz.

You can use Unico GUI to try the tap settings.

If my reply helps you, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster 🙂

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.