cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data sampling of ISM330DLC

BLee.3
Associate II

Hi! I am using ISM330DLC to get data from all three gyros and three accelerometers with an ODR of higher than 400Hz. When the circumstance temperature is going down from normal to about -20~-30℃, there are several disturbance in outputs of gyros (different from noise). This phenomenon only appears for gyros in the process of temperature descending. Do you have any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @BLee.3​ ,

the internal structure of the gyroscope is more susceptible to temperature changes than the one of the accelerometer.

so it is normal that disturbs presents first on the gyro.

These type of spikes can be filtered out at firmware level by analyzing the signal.

I would check if the last 3 or 4 samples have a spike and discard that sample.

hope this helps

Niccolò

p.s. if you found a solution to your problem, please, select a best answer to help other users with similar issues

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
niccolò
ST Employee

Hi @BLee.3​ ,

it is common to have disturbances when approaching the limit values of operating temperature.

I don't think there are many ways of getting rid of them, except using a specific algorithm if they are specific enough.

how are they shaped?

Niccolò

Thanks for your reply!

I know what you mean, but in fact, when the circumstance continues cooling down to under -30℃, the output won't go worse.

In addition, the ​outputs of accelerometers always keep stable.

They are shaped like this. The figure contains triaxial gyro outputs and temperature output.

0693W00000AQ9CnQAL.jpg

Hi @BLee.3​ ,

the internal structure of the gyroscope is more susceptible to temperature changes than the one of the accelerometer.

so it is normal that disturbs presents first on the gyro.

These type of spikes can be filtered out at firmware level by analyzing the signal.

I would check if the last 3 or 4 samples have a spike and discard that sample.

hope this helps

Niccolò

p.s. if you found a solution to your problem, please, select a best answer to help other users with similar issues

Hi @niccolo.ruffini (ST Employee),

I have tried to utilize the latest 5 or 6 samples to get the median value.

This method works even though cannot elinimate.

Thanks a lot