cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to program (pro mode) SensorTile.box ?

RJoac.1
Associate II

Hi,

I'm trying to program the SensorTile.box (in Pro Mode), I've tested the available examples from Function Packages and they are working. The thing is when I create a new project for the SensorTile.box with CubeIDE then CubeMX, the BSP generated and the BSP used for the examples applications are not really the same.

So my main question is, what is the easiest way to program the SensorTile.box ? Creating my application from scratch with CubeMX or by modifying applications examples ?

I thought using an application example as a basis would be easier but no example integrate all the middlewares I need, so to add middlewares, it's by copying the files or how ? Because the Middlewares .c and .h appear as kind of shortcuts in the examples, I don't know how to add shortcuts to files like this

0693W00000HpUN5QAN.png 

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @RJoac.1​ ,

Unfortunately the BSP library is not supported in the code generation by CubeMX, it should be added manually by the user, to the project generated under project's workspace.

Please check this thread, it will guide you to add the BSP driver to your project https://community.st.com/s/article/how-to-add-a-bsp-to-an-stm32cubeide-project

I advise you to keep using your new generated project by CubeMX and use the example as a template, you can copy and paste the code of the example in the user section of your generated project and you can also add the files of the BSP driver of the example into your new project.

If you issue is solved, please close this post by clicking the "Select as Best" button. This will help other members of the community find this response more quickly 🙂

Thanks,

Sara.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @RJoac.1​ ,

Thanks for your feedback,

Could you please specify which example are you using ?? is it compatible with CubeMX ?

Regards,

Sara.

RJoac.1
Associate II

Hi,

I'm trying to modify the project in FP-ATR-BLE1 for SensorTile.box, there is no ioc file so no CubeMX I guess. As I said I can generate a new project for the sensortile.box with cubemx but then the BSPs are differents. So I don't know which one would be easier for a project, to continue with the one generated by CubeMx and then having cubemx as an interface for configuration or use the BSP in the FP and then have a basis for my application but no cubemx.

regards,

Rico

Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @RJoac.1​ ,

Unfortunately the BSP library is not supported in the code generation by CubeMX, it should be added manually by the user, to the project generated under project's workspace.

Please check this thread, it will guide you to add the BSP driver to your project https://community.st.com/s/article/how-to-add-a-bsp-to-an-stm32cubeide-project

I advise you to keep using your new generated project by CubeMX and use the example as a template, you can copy and paste the code of the example in the user section of your generated project and you can also add the files of the BSP driver of the example into your new project.

If you issue is solved, please close this post by clicking the "Select as Best" button. This will help other members of the community find this response more quickly 🙂

Thanks,

Sara.