cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why return code of BlueNRG-X_Flasher_Launcher.exe is always 1 when calling it through C++

TheThirdFriend
Associate

Hello,

My C++ code calls BlueNRG-X_Flasher_Launcher.exe with all relevant arguments. I can successfully program the BLE module STB1132-25. I have used the c standard function system(const char*) to call BlueNRG-X_Flasher_Launcher.exe. the issue is, when flash is unsuccessful or some error occurred in the flash launcher, I always get return code 1. I supposedly should get return code 0. In the same way, I am also calling ST-link utility and whenever an error occurs in the utility, I always get a return value 0. Can anyone please tell me what is correct way to call BlueNRG-X_Flasher_Launcher.exe from C++ code? and Why the return code of BlueNRG-X_Flasher_Launcher.exe is always 1 irrespective of errors.

1 REPLY 1
Winfred LU
ST Employee

The followed are some examples to have different return code under command line prompt.

C:\Users\winfred lu\ST\BlueNRG-X Flasher Utility 4.1.0\Application>BlueNRG-X_Flasher_Launcher.exe -v
Qt: Untested Windows version 10.0 detected!

C:\Users\winfred lu\ST\BlueNRG-X Flasher Utility 4.1.0\Application>echo %errorlevel%

C:\Users\winfred lu\ST\BlueNRG-X Flasher Utility 4.1.0\Application>BlueNRG-X_Flasher_Launcher.exe
Qt: Untested Windows version 10.0 detected!
usage: BlueNRG-X Flasher Launcher [-h] [-v]
                                  {flash,read,mass_erase,verify_memory,erase_pages,uart,swd}

BlueNRG-X Flasher Launcher version 4.1.0.

optional arguments:
  -h, --help            show this help message and exit
  -v, --version         show program's version number and exit

commands:
  {flash,read,mass_erase,verify_memory,erase_pages,uart,swd}
    flash               Program a flash memory
    read                Read a flash memory
    mass_erase          Erase a flash memory
    verify_memory       Verify the content of a BlueNRG-X device with a file
    erase_pages         Erase one or more pages from a flash memory
    uart                Show all connected COM ports (UART mode)
    swd                 Show all devices conected by ST-Link/V2, CMSIS-DAP,
                        J-Link (SWD mode)

...the end...

C:\Users\winfred lu\ST\BlueNRG-X Flasher Utility 4.1.0\Application>echo %errorlevel%

BlueNRG-X Flasher Launcher: error: argument command: invalid choice: 'asdf' (choose from 'flash', 'read', 'mass_erase', 'verify_memory', 'erase_pages', 'uart', 'swd')