cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to communicate between nodes after many communication attempts

SKimu
Associate II

I'm trying to make a lighting control demo using Bluetooth Mesh.

I have two STEVAL-IDB008V2 evaluation boards and I tried to use Demo firmware included in Mesh SDK 1.07.

The firmware I used is the file

STSW-BNRG-Mesh 1.07.000\Firmware\Projects\BlueNRG-2\Applications\Lighting_Demo\Binary\BlueNRG2_Lighting_Demo.bin

I provisioned two nodes using my iPhone with BlueNRG_Mesh App in App Store and set up publish address properly. Then I can control the other node's blue LED by pushing PUSH1 switch, and of course from my iPhone too.

However, after many control attempts (maybe more than 100 times), the control will stop working suddenly. In the situation, I can control neither from iPhone nor push switch, and I can't do anything from iPhone BlueNRG_Mesh App (e.g. getting library version).

It seems the BLE Mesh communication stoped suddenly.

I tried many times and I always get this situation.

Does anyone have the same situation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alok
Senior

Hello kimura.satoshi1.551758609009292E12

As promised, we tested the SDK V1.08 for messages numbers >2000 times and even more, and didn't encounter the issue seen by you earlier

Thanks a lot again

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
alok
Senior

Hello,

How are you testing 100 times ? Did you put a loop in the firmware or doing manually 100 times push of the button ?

Are you waiting for enough time between different publish messages ?

SKimu
Associate II

Hi Alok,

Thanks for your response!

I just push the button of the evaluation board with pre-compiled binary bundled in the Mesh SDK.

When I tried yesterday, the BLE Mesh stopped after around 520 times button push.

Actually, I found this issue when I add UART shell command and tried performance evaluation. It always stops during testing. To find the cause, I returned to the original SDK binary and tried communication testing without modification of source code, but it still happens.

I'm not sure how much wait is required, but I push the button two or three times per second.

If wait is required, how long should I wait between publish messages?

alok
Senior

Thanks a lot for these information

We are going to publish a new SDK shortly. We will test this on our side

In terms of waiting, I think if you doing manually 2-3 times/second, it shall be ok..

SKimu
Associate II

Thanks for your response.

I hope this issue is solved in the next SDK and it will be released shortly.

alok
Senior

Hello kimura.satoshi1.551758609009292E12

As promised, we tested the SDK V1.08 for messages numbers >2000 times and even more, and didn't encounter the issue seen by you earlier

Thanks a lot again

SKimu
Associate II

Hi @alok​ ,

Thanks for your help.

I am trying the new SDK now, but at least, with the pre-compiled binary firmware on STEVAL-IDB008V2, nothing happens on pressing PUSH1 button. (LED on/off in SDK v1.07)

I can't control LED even from iPhone BlueNRG_Mesh App.

I use this binary file.

STSW-BNRG-Mesh_1.08.000\Firmware\Projects\BlueNRG-2\Applications\Lighting_Demo\Binary\BlueNRG2_Lighting_Demo.bin

Provisioning was successfully done.

I will build firmware from source code and try again, but if you have any advice, please let me know.

SKimu
Associate II

Yesterday, iPhone BlueNRG-Mesh App seems to be updated.

With the latest version of App, I can do provisioning and push switch is working well.

This time no problem with >1000 times button push. The issue seems to be solved.

Thanks a lot for your support.