cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32l476, will Different SPI busses interfere each other if one of the the SPI peripheral stops working?

kasi viswanadh
Associate II

I'm using stm32l476jgy6 MCU, it has 3 SPI busses, I'm using all of 3 SPI busses for different peripherals. If peripheral on SPI1 fails to communicate with MCU, will it cause any effect on other SPI busses? I've a scenario where I'm using BLUENRG-MS on SPI1, lsm6dsm and lsm303agr sensors on SPI2, external SPI flash on SPI3. all of these peripherals are not working, but when lsm303agr removed from the board, rest of the components started communicating to MCU. there is no code blockage, controller is running continuously. I'm using Sensor tile as a base hardware design, ALLMEMS as a base firmware.

Need help understanding the issue

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

"If peripheral on SPI1 fails to communicate with MCU, will it cause any effect on other SPI busses?"

Not as such.

But, if your software locks-up - that will cause problems!

Also, if the peripheral failure has other hardware implications - such as overloading power supplies - that could also cause problems.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

"If peripheral on SPI1 fails to communicate with MCU, will it cause any effect on other SPI busses?"

Not as such.

But, if your software locks-up - that will cause problems!

Also, if the peripheral failure has other hardware implications - such as overloading power supplies - that could also cause problems.

Thank you very much Andrew Neil for the reply.