cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum frequency for querying input.cgi

Posted on May 05, 2015 at 04:39

Hello there, again,

I am trying to query the MCU over WiFi module, using ajax GET requests sent by a browser. The idea is: upon detecting the ''+WIND:56:Insert message to client: '' response, MCU responds appropriately, and this cycle repeats itself periodically.

I've noticed that a sizable number of  GET requests is being rejected or there is no response, especially if the period between sending the requests is less than 500 ms.

I should also say that every request from the browser is sent only after some kind of response from to the previous request, so it never happens that there is more than one pending request.

With 750 ms between ajax requests, it works okay, but I was hoping to do better. What are your experiences regarding this type of communication, aka constant polling of input.cgi?

P.S. I am using input.cgi and ouptut.cgi as means of communication and data exchange between the MCU and the browser, but if you feel there is a better way, do tell 🙂

#input-cgi
20 REPLIES 20
Posted on May 08, 2015 at 21:08

Yes. You need FW3.4. The real one 😉

Posted on May 08, 2015 at 21:45

Oh, okay!

Do you have it on site? I am on the phone at the moment, I'll take a look tomorrow, or if you don't mind, please leave me a link here; I kinda have a problem browsing through ST website, I'm sorry to say :D

Sorry for the inconvenience!

EDIT: I've taken a look at your site, the version on your site is still the old one, 3.3: 

http://www.st.com/web/catalog/tools/FM147/CL2116/SC1893/PF260799#

Are you planning on updating the site version, or should I look for it elsewhere?

Posted on May 11, 2015 at 09:41

Hi Marko,

we are currently updating manuals, in order to put them (and FW too) on st.com site

In the meanwhile, please, ask for 3.4 to your ST local support.

Thanks

jerry

Posted on May 11, 2015 at 10:11

I did, and received it this morning!

Good to know, thanks!

Posted on May 11, 2015 at 14:08

Hey, I'm afraid I have to ask for your help one more time.

I am sending:

AT+S.SCFG=ip_wait_timeout,6000<CR>

and I am still getting ''ERROR: Unrecognized key''

In the meantime, I'll try it out with this newer firmware, but should you be able to pinpoint what am I doing wrong here, please do 🙂

Posted on May 11, 2015 at 15:47

at+s.scfg=ip_wait_timeout,6000<CR> is correct.

Give me the output of: at+s.sts=version<CR>

If you updated the module (with the right version), you should see:

#  version = 150410-c2e37a3-SPWF01S <CR><LF>

ciao

j

Posted on May 12, 2015 at 14:13

I'll get back to you on that once I upload the firmware; right now, the module still runs on the older v3.4 version.

The reason I am stalling is that I would like to try OTA firmware update; right now, I am only in the possession of the offline binary image for flashing via UART, for SPWF01Sx.21 modules.

Do you know if there is an v3.4 OTA firmware version SPWF01Sx.21 modules?

Maybe there isn't, because I only received OTA version for SPWF01Sx.11 modules.

Posted on May 12, 2015 at 19:53

Hi Marko,

*.21 means ''no external flash''. So: no flash, no OTA, no party!

Using *.21, you can only update it through serial line.

ciao

j

Posted on May 13, 2015 at 11:29

Ah, sorry, my bad! :D

OK, I am trying to update via FOTA right now; I think I am using the right firmware version, using file ''SPWF01S-150410-c2e37a3-RELEASE-main.ota'', and I am updating the SPWF01SA.11 module.

This is the message I am getting:

'' F/W update model 'SPWF01Sx1' not matching local 'SG901-1203' ''

By the way, when I restart the module, this is the info I get:

'' +WIND:13:Sagrad SG901-1203 IWM: Copyright (c) 2012-2014 STMicroelectronics, Inc.  All rights Reserved. ''

It might be of use...

Why do you think FOTA upgrade is failing on me?

EDIT: just to follow-up: the other module has different start-up info:

'' +WIND:13:ST SPWF01SA1 IWM: Copyright (c) 2012-2014 STMicroelectronics, Inc.  All rights Reserved. ''

So I suspect this is causing the issue. Does this mean FOTA won't work reliably, depending on this?

EDIT 2: Firmware update succeeded in the case of the second chip!
Posted on May 13, 2015 at 19:29

On first module, OTA is failing because of HW mismatch. Module #1 is very very old.

FW expects an SPWF01Sx1, but configuration variable is set to SG901-1203.

What you can do:

- change nv_model variable to ''SPWF01Sx1'';

- perform OTA;

- after reboot, nv_model comes back to previous ''SG901-1203'' value. Never mind.

What you cannot do: save (AT&W) temporary nv_model new value. You need a magic command/key.

Let me know if it works.

j