cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IM69D130 interface of with STM32WB55RG.

Maniksb09
Associate II

Hi STMicrocontroller developer community,

I am currently working on a project that involves interfacing of infineon IM69D130 digital MEMS microphone with STM32WB55G microcontroller. However, I am facing challenges in setting up the communication between the microphone and the micro controller and could use some assistance with a Library or Code Sample that allows interface.

Any help, advice or resource that can assist me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards

Manik Banagar

8 REPLIES 8
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

@Maniksb09 wrote:

infineon IM69D130 digital MEMS microphone

So this: 

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/sensor/mems-microphones/mems-microphones-for-consumer/im69d130/

Have you contacted Infineon for support? Don't they provide drivers?

Have you looked at their demo/eval boards:

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/sensor/mems-microphones/mems-microphones-for-consumer/im69d130/?tab=~%27boards_designs#!designsupport

Maybe they come with demo/example code?

@Maniksb09 wrote:

I am facing challenges in setting up the communication between the microphone and the micro controller

What challenges, exactly?

What have you tried; where are you stuck?

Hello Andrew Neil,

This is my first time using the IM69D130 sensor, and I'm not utilizing any evaluation board. I've connected the sensor directly to my STM32 Nucleo microcontroller via the SAI1 interface. Could you please assist me by providing the necessary libraries for this setup?

Thank you for your support.

Best regards,

Manik

Even if you don't have the Infineon board, have you checked if there's any software to go with those boards?

Usually, chip manufacturers do provide software with their board; usually also some sort of portable driver code...

You could use that as the basis for your own code.

That's what I would do.

I have checked for software but those were for  Microphone Shield2Go for Arduino and python. 

So, alongside the datasheet, take them as your basis?

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

@Maniksb09 wrote:

infineon IM69D130 digital MEMS microphone

It has a PDM interface, so try searching for "STM32WB PDM"

Maniksb09
Associate II

Hi,

We Have SAI Interface through it I am trying to read RAW data from sensor But unable do it. We are able get some data but the obtained data cannot be analyzed.

Also I am unable to find pdm2pcm under middleware and software packages to activate.(STM32WB55RGV) Doesn't it support conversion??

So we presume that PDM to PCM IC converter is required. Please share your thoughts on this???

If there is any eval board on sound sensor(IM69D130) please do suggest the part number for it or any other suggestions.

The picture shows the PDM data we received and configuration.

CH-01 is clock 

CH-03 is PDM data.

Maniksb09_0-1711964665958.png

Maniksb09_1-1711965299198.png

Thanks and regards

Manik.

Dear Manik,

Would you mind sharing your code for the configuration of the clock and gpio pins? I am aiming for the same outcome as you with the same mcu and infineon mic but I cannot see the clock signal on an oscillocope after configuring with cubeMX so I dont know what I am missing.

Thank you!

Maia