cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, 1. We are using STUSB4700 in our design, we are not able to negotiate any voltages except 5V, Are we missing anything? Below attached is the snip of our schematic 2. What is the difference between STUSB4700 and STUSB4710?

SUHAS S
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SUHAS S
Associate II

Hello,

The issue was resolved and here is the resolution:

Before going with the resolution, all this confusion was created because nowhere in the datasheet it is mentioned (or at least I could not able to find) any reference suggesting the schematic difference that should be there for STUSB4700YQTR & STUSB4700QTR, even in the reference schematic it is mentioned as STUSB4700 likely suggesting common circuitry for both the part nos.

Finally here is the Resolution:

1. Just Note, the Input voltage should be greater than the voltage you have to negotiate
  2. As part no. we used is STUSB4700YQTR, it is an automotive version and supports only three PDO profiles, thus IC’s Pin No. 15(GPIO3) and IC’s Pin No. 14(GPIO2) should not be connected to the Resistor divider, i.e. it has to be No Connect, once the trace was cut negotiation started happening and it started working, Below is the snip of the STUSB4700's datasheet showing supported PDO profiles.

0693W00000LwJGIQA3.png 

Regards,

SUHAS S

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Winfred LU
ST Employee

I don't see something wrong from your schematic. I am not an export about this. Maybe someone else may help review again.

Just a question that did you by chance configure NVM to only one 5V PDO?

Or if you can sniff CC pin during the negotiation, that shall provide evidences what was going on.

STUSB4700 has VCONN pin to provide 5V power supply for e-marked cables. An automotive grade part is available.

STUSB4710 has no VCONN pin, and a smaller package option is available.

SUHAS S
Associate II

Hello,

The issue was resolved and here is the resolution:

Before going with the resolution, all this confusion was created because nowhere in the datasheet it is mentioned (or at least I could not able to find) any reference suggesting the schematic difference that should be there for STUSB4700YQTR & STUSB4700QTR, even in the reference schematic it is mentioned as STUSB4700 likely suggesting common circuitry for both the part nos.

Finally here is the Resolution:

1. Just Note, the Input voltage should be greater than the voltage you have to negotiate
  2. As part no. we used is STUSB4700YQTR, it is an automotive version and supports only three PDO profiles, thus IC’s Pin No. 15(GPIO3) and IC’s Pin No. 14(GPIO2) should not be connected to the Resistor divider, i.e. it has to be No Connect, once the trace was cut negotiation started happening and it started working, Below is the snip of the STUSB4700's datasheet showing supported PDO profiles.

0693W00000LwJGIQA3.png 

Regards,

SUHAS S