cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVALKITST7570-1 -- ST7570 GUI Software??? where to find it??

MikePhillyFlyers
Associate II

Hi,

we have purchased one of these EVALKITST7570-1 for PLC-SFSK interfacing/testing, but we cannot find the 'ST7570 GUI Software' anywhere for this eval kit?

I can find it for the EVALKITST8500, a newer version of the chip, will this also work with the 7570??

or is there a download somewhere for the 7570 GUI software?

Thanks so much!

2 REPLIES 2
MikePhillyFlyers
Associate II

Hi All,

Just wanted to respond to my own question, since after a month of running around in ST Micro support and then their sales force, they essentially tell me my company and our project is not 'strategic' enough or going to sell enough units for them to provide me the software for the EVAL kits that we fuc**ng paid for.

I don't understand what the heck happend to ST Micro, but they are a freaking joke. After opening two support cases trying to find out how to get this software (for KITS that we already purchased from Digikey), they point me to their sales force which you have to contact via one of their ST Micro offices located around the globe.

In my case this would be in the United States.. after finding out almost all of these offices are closed and their numbers disconnected (which their main ST corporation has no awareness of), I end up calling their main 1-844 support number, and get routed first to Texas, then to California, then to finally a sales guy in my area, that has to then push me off to an FAE type person for this product.

Then a week later after explaing my project to them, they tell me the 'ST Micro BU (Business Unit) won't help me out because our company isn't a 'strategic partner' and we aren't selling enough 'units' to make it worthwhile for them to provide us the software.

The company I am doing this project for may not be as big as ST Micro, but we are in the thousands... but i guess not big enough for them to make enough profit, so they tell us to go away and do nothing with the kits we already paid for.

What kind of crap is this? This is how ST Micro Operates now, they cater to the companies that line up the big contracts, and everyone else can just go F*** off?

I'm sure someone out there has this damn software, we just need it to finish developing and testing our project, and this chip really is exactly what we need, but ST Micro seems to not give two shi*s about the small guys..

Can anyone help? Has anyone else run into this same scenario with ST? ie dealing with the business unit?

I'm not surprised I see others that get no response from their sales force, as this is just a huge circle je*k....

ST doesn't have a model where you pay NRE for support related engineering, they, like others, only deal with chip level customers doing >$1M

Oddly they don't value support here either, I'm not compensated.

I got nowhere with the GNSS group, so now I work with uBlox chips/modules and support maker projects over there.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..