cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does RFID Transponder M24LR04E-RMN6T/2 work with Mifare Desfire

CW1
Visitor

Hi.

Please can someone tell me whether Part No: M24LR04E-RMN6T/2 (RFID Transponder) is able to communicate with MiFare Desfire ?

Application will be a custom designed PCB to be used as part of Prepaid payment system

CW1_0-1724828828979.png

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @CW1, to the community!

First of all a note: M24LR04 are already on NRND (Not Recommended for New Design).

Furthermore, MIFARE® DESFire® complies with ISO14443, M24LR04 to ISO15693 and is therefore not suitable.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the prompt response.

I assume that M24LR04 has been replaced with a newer version. Am I correct ? If so, can you give me the new Part number.

Thanks

CW1
Visitor

Also, does the newer version comply with ISO14443 ?

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

NFC tags comply with either ISO14443 or ISO15693, not both.

Yes, M24LRxx has been replaced by ST25DVxx, but it is also ISO15693. The only Dynamic Tags still available with ISO14443 are M24SR02, M24SR04, M24SR16 and M24SR64.

However, you should note that MIFARE Desfire uses a proprietary protocol, the details of which are probably only communicated by NXP under NDA. STMicroelectronics cannot help you with this and cannot provide any software for MIFARE Desfire.

Good luck!
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Understood.

Does ST offer it's own protocol for ST25DVxx or otherwise is there some form of open source protocol that is compatible with these chips ?