cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need more than one button on my device?

GGibb.1
Associate II

I have a simple project I am trying to implement using BLUENRG2-M2SA. It will connect with a user over BT and download a timer length. Then it will run the timer and blink lights when the timer counts to zero. The user then acknowledges the lights and the timer starts again. It does the cycle a set number of times. Or goes to sleep if the timer isn't acknowledged after a certain period of time

I have a button connected to the reset pin to wake up the device, but was hoping to use the same button to acknowledge the timer. If the device is awake, can a signal on the reset pin trigger a different action in the micro? Or do I need two buttons? One for wake-up and one for user acknowledgement?

Code hasn't been written yet - I am trying to lay out the PCB.

2 REPLIES 2
Winfred LU
ST Employee

Not quite understand, are you trying to use the RESETN pin as an GPIO ?

GGibb.1
Associate II

Not necessarily. I was wondering what happens if you put a signal on the reset pin after the device was awake, - ideal for me would be if it acted like some sort of interrupt. Or if it doesn't do anything really disruptive (like a total reboot or something) I can use another i/o as well, and ignore it on the reset and just use the signal on the other IO when the device is awake. Someone else is working on the code and I'm working on the board layout, but they haven't had much time to dedicate to it yet. I'm trying to work through the datasheets and app notes but I'm not sure how this pin all works.