cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth examples not running in STEVAL-IDB007V1

trode.1
Associate

Dear Community

I am testing for integration a STEVAL-IDB007V1M board and I had problems flashing the board.

• BlueNRG-1 Navigator don't detect my board and, in consequence, I can't flash and run the examples even the "hello world" over uart.
  • BlueNRG-2 Navigator detect the board and can flash it without problems, I can test "hello world" over uart. But even when I can flash the board the BLE examples don't works properly, my Huawei P30 lite phone with ST BLE Sensor app don't detect any ble device. I tested it also with a Xiaomi Phone with same results.

If I understood well, my board must works with BlueNRG-1 Navigator but I can only flash with BlueNRG-2 Navigator.

I am running BlueNRG Navigator in a new HP Pavilion gaming computer with I7 processor and 12GB RAM. What I am doing wrong? I need to install a specific driver?

Thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
Winfred LU
ST Employee

Was it STEVAL-IDB007V1M that you tested?

Hello world image for BlueNRG-2 Navigator worked because on IDB007V1M the HS XTAL is 32MHz, same as for BlueNRG-2 EVBs (STEVAL-IDB008Vx).

And BLE examples (in BlueNRG-2 Navigator) do not work because they are for BlueNRG-2 not BlueNRG-1.

Please try to flash with BlueNRG Flasher, with the image under STEVAL-IDB007V1M folder, such as:

C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\BlueNRG-1_2 DK 3.2.1\Firmware\BLE_Examples\BLE_Beacon\STEVAL-IDB007V1M\BLE_Beacon.bin

trode.1
Associate

thanks for your reply @Winfred LU​ . I tested your advice but it didn't work. I used "BlueNRG-X Flasher Utility v4.1.0" with "STMicroelectronics\BlueNRG-1_2 DK 3.2.1\Firmware\BLE_Examples\BLE_Beacon\STEVAL-IDB007V1M\BLE_Beacon.bin" binary file and I flashed the board but still "ST BLE Sensor" app don't detect the beacon. Could it means the board is in bad condition?

0693W00000D0oLBQAZ.png

Winfred LU
ST Employee

BLE Sensor App may filter the unconnectable advertising packets. Please program BLE_SensorDemo image instead.

Please use some other app if you would like to receive beacons. Otherwise, the proper way to determine if beacons are sent in the air would be to use a sniffer.