Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlueNRG2 - Bonded device list empty

alessandro morniroli
Associate III

Hi all,

I'm using for evaluating purpose two NucleoL4 boards w/ X-NUCLEO-BNRG2A1:

• the first one is running the standard firmware working w/ BlueNRG GUI 4.2.0 (v1.2e - DTM SPI v3.3.0). I setup this board as peripheral;
  • the seconds one is running NimBLE stack on the NucleoL4 and DTM SPI basic firmware compiled w/ LL_ONLY option (in order to use HCI commands).

Everything is working as expected: NimBLE is able to scan the peripheral / connect to it / execute pairing.

The problem is that after bonding succeed, if I check bonded devices list (on the board running the peripheral role), this is always empty, as shown in the image.

0693W00000LyV0pQAF.png 

As result, if I try to reconnect w/ LTK key just exchanged I got pairing error due to encryption failed.

0693W00000LyV3jQAF.pngAm I missing something? Similar question was already asked but no answer to the problem

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X00009XkWrdSAF/bonding-problem

Thanks for the support.

Alessandro Morniroli

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alessandro morniroli
Associate III

Resolved:

In the NimBLE board, I was setting initiator dist key flag. Still have to understand the full meaning of it, but clearing it resolves the problem.

The question can be closed.

Alessandro Morniroli

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
alessandro morniroli
Associate III

Hi,

an update about the problem: the function ""smp_add_pairing_record_to_bonding_database" is correctly called, as shown in the image, but when calling "get_bonded_devices" the list is always empty.

0693W00000LyZPPQA3.png 

Any suggestions?

Alessandro Morniroli

alessandro morniroli
Associate III

Resolved:

In the NimBLE board, I was setting initiator dist key flag. Still have to understand the full meaning of it, but clearing it resolves the problem.

The question can be closed.

Alessandro Morniroli