cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL53L1X SATEL - does the PCB plug of the Mini-PCB match any standard?

AchimKraus
Associate II

If I want to use the Mini-PCB of the VL53L1X SATEL, which type of plug do I need to plug that in?

(I would like to label this with "Time of flight" but unfortunately, this seems to be not possible for me ;-( ).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi AchimKraus

For VL53L1-SATEL, actually there are two connector you can use, either the 2.54mm dual-line pin header, this is standard connector; or you can use the golden finger pin at the other side.

The golden pin is mainly used for flying wire and not designed for a specific connector, the target of this break board is to make it as small as possible, with small size, it will be easier to put it inside customer housing for function evaluation. 

Br

Zhiyuan.Han

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Zhiyuan.Han
ST Employee

Hi 

VL53L1X SATEL is designed for easy integration into customer devices, the plug connector is designed for VL53L1X expansion board. for more detail information, please check below link on the VL53L1X-SATEL user manual. 

Data brief - VL53L1X-SATEL - Breakout boards based on the VL53L1X long distance ranging Time-of-Flight sensor

br

Zhiyuan.Han

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

> VL53L1X SATEL is designed for easy integration into customer devices

Maybe, but that document doesn't contain information about that plug (the one the PCB builds on its own). Without that information, "easy" is something else.

Just to show, what I would have expected. 

I'm looking for a spec to select a plug like digikey EBC08DRTN .

If I meter the PCB plug on the PCB myself, the distance of the pins is 10.7mm/8 := 1.34mm. That value is very uncommon and at least digikey has no plug for that. I also read somewhere else, that the intention is something as "flying wires". I'm wondering, who makes such decisions. 

Hi AchimKraus

For VL53L1-SATEL, actually there are two connector you can use, either the 2.54mm dual-line pin header, this is standard connector; or you can use the golden finger pin at the other side.

The golden pin is mainly used for flying wire and not designed for a specific connector, the target of this break board is to make it as small as possible, with small size, it will be easier to put it inside customer housing for function evaluation. 

Br

Zhiyuan.Han

Anne BIGOT
ST Employee

Indeed on st.com, the BOM of the board is missing.

Here is the link to the reefrence of the header used on the SATEL.

SSQ-103-01-T-D - Tiger Buy™ Socket Strip with Square Tails, 0.100" Pitch | Samtec

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'
AchimKraus
Associate II

My question focus on the "golden finger pin" , the other one, the 2.54mm dual-line pin header, is easy to find.

As said by Zhiyuan : The golden pin is mainly used for flying wire and not designed for a specific connector, the target of this break board is to make it as small as possible, with small size, it will be easier to put it inside customer housing for function evaluation and we have customers using this way of connection.

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'