cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VD6283 GUI does not calculate the CCT

RChit.2
Associate

I have downloaded the VD6283 GUI application and everything works fine except the "Light Spectrum" panel. From the manual I can see that it should calculate the CCT based on the correlation matrix but the CCT window in the top right is always empty.

The CCT_Matrix_Coeff_VD6283.csv file for the matrix is located in the sub-directory "Resources" and I have also loaded it manually but it still does not calculate anything.

I am working on Windows 10 x64 and used the default installation path C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\VD6283_GUI.

Based on the "how-correlated-color-temperature-is-calculated" document from ST I have implemented the calculation in Python but I would like to verify my results as they seem wrong to me.

Do I miss anything?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John E KVAM
ST Employee

I'm confused. I tested the GUI and got this following..0693W00000JN7qkQAD.pngIs this what you were looking for?

I'm using rev 1.0.0.853, and I'm generally out of lock step with what is currently on the web site, so if you still having trouble, tell me what rev of the GUI you are on.

• john

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
John E KVAM
ST Employee

I'm confused. I tested the GUI and got this following..0693W00000JN7qkQAD.pngIs this what you were looking for?

I'm using rev 1.0.0.853, and I'm generally out of lock step with what is currently on the web site, so if you still having trouble, tell me what rev of the GUI you are on.

• john

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'
RChit.2
Associate

Yes, this is exactly what I am looking for. I am using rev 1.1.0.862.

However, in the meantime, I have found out that my problem is probably related to the pretty high lux value 🙂

0693W00000JNCCVQA5.pngIf I cover the sensor with light absorbing paper all color counts become nearly 0 but the Lux value is still very high. Is my sensor broken or do I need to calibrate anything?0693W00000JNCVwQAP.pngJust in case it matters, I bought the P-NUCLEO-6283A1 evaluation kit.