cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STSW-IMG506 - libcamera IPA package for ST BrightSense image sensors failing on Raspberry Pi

adiji007
Visitor

Hi,

I am using a VD55G1 sensor with P-board to interface with Rpi 5. I am using Camera port #0 of Rpi. I downloaded the STSW-IMG506_V4L2, STSW-IMG506_LIPA and STSW-IMG506_LCAM. I followed the steps to install V4L2 driver from the "Linux Start Guide for ST BrightSense image sensors" document and updated the device tree to include pcb4189_vd55g1_cam0.dts, added the same to config.txt as well. I upgraded the system to support latest version of libcamera packahe and extracted both LIPA and LCAM .deb files, but rpicamera-hello or libcamera-hello doesn't detect camera. At the same time I found the libcamera version to get messed up upon extracting the LIPA and LCAM libraries (refer the attached image before and after installing the package). 

Before extracting the LIPA and LCAM  library filesBefore extracting the LIPA and LCAM library filesAfter extracting the LIPA and LCAM  library filesAfter extracting the LIPA and LCAM library files

Debugging steps:

I did not find any external hardware from the /dev/ though I interfaced a FPC cable with P-board and promodule with VD55G1 sensor.

I tried updating device tree with pcb4280_vd55g1_cam0.dts, but still same behaviour.

I switched to camera #1 and tried pcb4280_vd55g1_cam1.dts and pcb4189_vd55g1_cam1.dts, but no changes. 

I made sure the libraries are only compiled to arm64 versions and I did make sure I connected the camera the way it was described in ST's documents. 

The Linux User guide document mentions to download libraries from st.com, but wanted to confirm if the drivers are updated from Rpi 5. 

0 REPLIES 0