cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operating condition about AVDD of VL53L1X

DSai.1
Associate III

We use VL53L1X for our product development. Based on the datasheet, the typical operating condition for AVDD is 2.8V. I wonder if we can use a 3.2V for AVDD? If 3.2V

is provided for AVDD, is there any problem that may affect the performance of VL53L1X?

best regards

Dai Sai

3 REPLIES 3
Julien NGUYEN
ST Employee

Hello,

The sensor operating voltage range is [2.6 to 3.5 V], so 3.2V is perfectly suitable to use as long as the voltage regulator is good enough to ensure that the voltage will not be higher than 3.5V. 5% tolerance voltage regulator for example will be fine.

Did you mean 3.3 V or 3.2V, for me the 3.3V voltage is a standard voltage like 2.8V, 1.8V etc ...

Thanks

Julien

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
DSai.1
Associate III

Dear Julien,

thank you very much for your reply. The SoC we adopted will provide a 3.2V power, it is very good

quality voltage. It will not be over 3.3 in any situation. Based on your information, we will drive VL53L1X

directly with this 3.2V.

best regards

Dai Sai

DSai.1
Associate III

Dear Julien,

I use 3.3V for VL53LX1, but I can not find information for setting the module in 2V8 mode.

I use ultra-lite driver (STSW-IMG009) as driver.

Would you like to tell me how to do in ultra-lite driver (STSW-IMG009) environment?

best regards

Dai Sai