cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any approach to access histogram data of vl53l5cx ToF sensor?

ZZang.1
Associate

From the structure of the result API, we can get distance, signal, and ambiguous signals.

But how can we get the raw histogram data?

Many thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Anne BIGOT
ST Employee

Hello,

For the moment it is not possible to read out the VL53L5CX histogram data even at a slower frame rate.

ST is working on a product that would enable such a read out.

Stay tuned.

Regards

Anne

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'

Hi Anne,

Many thanks for your reply.

I understand keeping the histogramming firmware confidential is reasonable because ST patented it. But I saw some papers published in academia that can access "unofficial" histogramming firmware.

So I am wondering how I could get access to it. Given I will use it for academic purposes, I can accept receiving a non-disclosure agreement.

Best,

Zang