cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to control the VL53L1X ToF sensor using the stm32f407?

SugengGod
Associate

Is it possible to control the VL53L1X ToF sensor using the stm32f407? because I am looking for the average website using the nucleo board.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @SugengGod and welcome to the ST COMMUNITY 😊.

Yes, it should work perfectly. You should take care of the pins wiring refer to the pin decriptions:

Screenshot_2023-12-19-15-53-52-55_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @SugengGod and welcome to the ST COMMUNITY 😊.

Yes, it should work perfectly. You should take care of the pins wiring refer to the pin decriptions:

Screenshot_2023-12-19-15-53-52-55_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Where did you get that photo from? oh yeah is there a complete tutorial or something without using the x cube module?

John E KVAM
ST Employee

There are several Youtube tutorials on how to use the Xcube software. If you are going to use an STM32, that XCube stuff really is the way to go. it will be frustrating the first time you do it. But if you have the schematic of your board and a willingness to follow a tutoral, you can work through it. 

I was favorably impressed, but there is a learning curve. As a software guy, I worked my way through it. Does help if you have some hardware knowledge - or have a friend who does. 

My one difficulty was guessing incorrectly when I selected a pin. One really cannot guess that. 

- john

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'