cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have the X-NUCLEO53L3A2 development kit. I'm trying to get the VL53L3CX_Gui running. Will not detect sensors.

BALLE.1
Associate

I have the X-NUCLEO53L3A2 development kit. I'm trying to get the VL53L3CX_Gui running. It connects to the development kit via USB but will not detect any sensors. I have updated the firmware, installed the STSW-LINK007 and STSW-LINK007 drivers as instructed in the user guide. I cannot get the GUI to detect any sensors. It just continuously says "Sensor Not Detected. COM4 Connected: Please ensure sensor is connected then press black button on Nucleo". No amount of resetting, plugging, replugging, relaunching the application, reflashing the device seem to clear this up. I can get LD1 to turn solid green but cannot do anything with the kit. There are sensors left/center/and right connected to the board.0693W00000DpkSjQAJ.png

3 REPLIES 3
John E KVAM
ST Employee

One thing is to check the file explorer. You should see NODE_F401RE (D: ) (but it's not always D. )

If you don't have that you cannot download the API.

Next thing to check is that you have the right developement kit. The L0 and the L3 are identical in shape. Double check the marking. It would not be the first time they got mixed up.

Another thing is to make sure there are no other ST sensors are hooked up. The software gloms onto the first one it sees, and you don't get a choice.

Did you see the LED flashing red/green when you downloaded new code? If not, go to: C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\VL53L3CX_Gui\Resources

and drag-and-drop the .bin file into the NODE_F401RE: (That's the same operation as the downloading of the code.)

let me know if any of that doesn't fix the issue.

If this or any post solves your issue, please mark them as 'Accept as Solution' It really helps. And if you notice anything wrong do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'. Someone will review it.
BALLE.1
Associate

Hi John. I see the drive and it is mapped as D:

Is there something special I need to do to download the API. When I go to the about section in the GUI I just see "API Version: TBC". The only contents of D: shown are a DETAILS file and MBED file.

I did see the LED flashing when I downloaded the code, then it went solid green. The sensors appear to be oriented correctly. Even when I remove the left/right sensors I get the same error.

John E KVAM
ST Employee

First start without the satellite sensors connected. We can try that later.

Did you verify the marking on the board. Is it truly the L3?

Then check the GUI you downloaded. Is it also an L3?

These things are amazingly similar - it's easy to get them wrong.

go to the 'about' tab. click on Flash FW. Look for the blinking light.

Did you see the NODE_F401RE in your explorer window? ST makes about 400 boards that look almost the same as the 401RE, the only difference being the MCU. And it matters.

the only other thing I can think of is to reboot the PC. It's been known to work.

If this or any post solves your issue, please mark them as 'Accept as Solution' It really helps. And if you notice anything wrong do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'. Someone will review it.