cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to detect gesture with VL53L5CX ?

Slava.1
Associate

Hello,

I'm actually working with the VL53L5CX sensor, i would like to how i can implement gesture

detection like those of the VL53L0 sensor? Do i need more than one ? Is there a specific library ?

Thanks for your respons.

SL

1 REPLY 1
John E KVAM
ST Employee

This is a hard question to answer. ST has several patents pending in this area and I can't say anything until after the process is complete - in a couple of months.

But I can say that taking simultaneous 4x4 frames or nearly simultaneous 8x8 frames should be more than enough to do gestures. You will not need another sensor.

The best approach would be to buy the P-nucleo-53L5A1 evaluation kit. You can use it to visualize the data and record the sensor data.

It should only take 2 or 3 frames to establish a target's direction and from there you can work out the motion. Lots of people have taken the data and put it into an A/I engine to get gestures.

Good luck. And I'm sure that ST will make a big splash once the paperwork as been finalized.

• john

If this or any post solves your issue, please mark them as 'Accept as Solution' It really helps. And if you notice anything wrong do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'. Someone will review it.