cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring ST VD55g1 camera sensor IC to put it in SW_STBY State

karthikvkalyani
Associate

Hi, 
We recently purchased few VD55G1 camera sensors along with Camera EVK kit and breakout board for Raspberry Pi. I intend to use it with Ambig Microcontroller. I downloaded Brighsense EVK software kit to figure out settings. I am referring to file attached below to figure out the settings intended for proper operation. Following these instructions in section 5.3 on page 6 and section 9 (FW_PATCH section) on page 10, it recommends, to send PATCH_AND_BOOT command followed by BOOT Command. When I send these instructions it times out with logs attached as below. 

It would be really helpful if you could help us with newest version of driver code which help us get started.

Regards,

Karthik

3 REPLIES 3
MeganeG
ST Employee

Hello Karthik,

The driver on st.com is the latest version, and the EVK software automatically loads the patch, so you don't need to follow the steps that you mentioned in the user manual.

To get started with the sensor, please refer to our Quick Start Guide available in the "Presentations" section at https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stsw-img501.html#documentation.

Let me know if this answers your question or if you need more information.

Regards, Megane

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'

Hi Megane,

I did use these resources to get started with camera to know its performance and configurations for orientation, bit depth etc. 

Now, I am trying to write drivers for VG55D1 IC that we purchased recently, driving it from Ambiq Apollo Blue Plus Evaluation Board. So, I would need help in configuring and initializing the IC accurately. Any help with that would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Karthik

Hello Karthik,

Sure. Here is a script you can use to initialize the sensor. It configures the sensor registers using the following commands:

MeganeG_0-1724951723012.pngMeganeG_1-1724951749123.png

Regards, Megane

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'