cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Connect to VL53L5CX-SATEL board & STM32F401 (Nucleo-64) in order to run the "VL53L5CX GUI Software"

CDund.1
Associate

I can't connect to the VL53L5CX-SATEL board & STM32F401 (Nucleo-64)  in order to run the "VL53L5CX GUI Software".

I think I installed the correct drivers. See "Device Manager Driver" screenshot. Does this look correct?

In the About tab I click Refresh List but nothing appears. See "GUI About Tab" screenshot.

I'm using the en.Quick_Start_Guide_X-NUCLEO-53L5A1.pdf. I've tried two different computers, tried different USB ports. What else should I check?

I installed stlink_winusb_install.bat in administrator mode and did this: "In case of issue, it's also possible to run (as administrator):  - dpinst_amd64.exe on 64 bits machines"

I have a Dell Precision 7510 running Win 10.

What am I doing wrong?

6 REPLIES 6
John E KVAM
ST Employee

You are not doing anything wrong. Turns out the first versions of the GUI did not support the Satellites.

That is being fixed. I'd suggest re-downloading the GUI software, and one in of these versions... it will be fixed.

As of October the fixed version is up!.

• john

If this or any post solves your issue, please mark them as 'Accept as Solution' It really helps. And if you notice anything wrong do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'. Someone will review it.

Which version am I supposed to look for?

I've tried with 2.2.0.25946 (most recent downloaded as of today) and it doesn't recognize any of the Nucleo boards I'm attaching (F103, L152, barebones ST-Link V3).

John E KVAM
ST Employee

I am so sorry. Our documentation should have done a much better job of explaining that the GUI code is for the STM32-F401RE. I'm pretty sure that will get you going.

Actually it's in the users guide, and one can get there by hitting the user's guide button on the GUI.

I'm not sure that's the best place as folks don't expect it to be there.

Good luck,

• john

If this or any post solves your issue, please mark them as 'Accept as Solution' It really helps. And if you notice anything wrong do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'. Someone will review it.

Thanks for your quick reply!

I managed to find a F401RE and it immediately got recognized.

I then attached a satellite board as the central sensor according to the User Manual and that worked perfectly as well.

FLaba.1
Associate

Hello everyone!

I want to connect the STM32F401 + X-NUCLEO-53L5A1 to the GUI and I find the following problem.

If I only connect the STM32F401 through the USB port, the screen tells me the following:0693W00000UnUcmQAF.pngBut, if I add the X-NUCLEO-53L5A1 expansion board, it automatically stays in this state, without letting me press the "connect" command:

0693W00000UnUdkQAF.pngCould someone recommend me some help?

Thank you all

John E KVAM
ST Employee

When the software sees the expansion board, it wants the code that runs on the STM32F401.

Press the Flash FW button and watch the LED Flash red/green.

Then you can connect. And from there, you can select the Depth Map tab and get started.

• john