cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong "accepted solution" shown

TDK
Guru

Here's a thread:

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-products/nucleo-144-no-pins-in-cn11-and-cn12/m-p/612257

Here's what the top of the page looks like. Note that the "accepted solution" shown doesn't have the green border, and doesn't appear to have been selected by the OP as the answer.

TDK_0-1700602642648.png

Another solution below does have the green border and appears to be the correct "solution" per the OP.

TDK_1-1700602705710.png

Note that the "Go to solution" link goes to the incorrect solution.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

yes , i can. 🙂

if you set "accept a solution" - but you decide to choose another, then in the drop down box (option menu) in this post you see a new "not the solution" (or so) element -> removes the selection. then you can choose another post as "solution". 

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

I think BMcKnight change his preferred answer. When I pulled up the post earlier AScha.3 was the selected/outlined answer. You can CHANGE which answer is preferred, but it only allows one.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Now it shows correctly for me. But I did refresh it a few times over the course of 5 minutes or so and it was displaying incorrectly.

Probably there is a lag between switching the answer and when that page actually updates fully. Doesn't really make sense as to why that would be the case, since the outline changes correctly, but the proof that it happens is in the screenshot.

Perhaps similar to how the notification display lags in some areas but not others.

There's some odd local caching.

More than once I've posted to a thread which is empty, and then there are multiple posts from before I originally opened it. Not just posts added at roughly the same time. Could be a glitch in the matrix, or my lack of attentiveness..

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

As an OP, once I "accept a solution", I can't select any other post to be "solution". Can you?

JW

Nope, I can't change any of my accepted solutions on my posts. But I think I could at one point. Maybe I'm mis-remembering.

I've definitely seen posts where the accepted answer has changed though.

Lina DABASINSKAITE
Community manager
Community manager

Hello @Tesla DeLorean, @TDK , 

Jumping in here. The accepted solution can be added by the topic author but retracted only by the moderator. In case you see a wrong accepted solution, please report it and we will take the further action.

Early next year, I will bring this topic with you, our most contributing members to find the best fit of permissions.

Cheers,
Lina

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

yes , i can. 🙂

if you set "accept a solution" - but you decide to choose another, then in the drop down box (option menu) in this post you see a new "not the solution" (or so) element -> removes the selection. then you can choose another post as "solution". 

Indeed. Thanks, @AScha.3 !

JW