cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HardFault error in ai_platform_network_process()

jonathanmeyer
Associate II

Hello, 

I have implemented https://wiki.st.com/stm32mcu/wiki/AI:How_to_perform_motion_sensing_on_STM32L4_IoTnode this project. When I run the program I had a hard fault error when function enters  ai_platform_network_process().  I have incremented the heap and stack sizes. I don't know what else I can do to run properly. As below, after ai_network_run() it enters ai_platform_network_process(). This function is source coded and cannot see the content of this function. 

If you can help me, I will be very grateful...

Regards.

static void AI_Run(float *pIn, float *pOut)

{

ai_i32 batch;

ai_error err;

/* Update IO handlers with the data payload */

ai_input[0].data = AI_HANDLE_PTR(pIn);

ai_output[0].data = AI_HANDLE_PTR(pOut);

batch = ai_network_run(network, ai_input, ai_output);

if (batch != 1) {

err = ai_network_get_error(network);

printf("AI ai_network_run error - type=%d code=%d\r\n", err.type, err.code);

Error_Handler();

}

}

16 REPLIES 16
jonathanmeyer
Associate II

Could I change x-cube-ai version from https://stm32ai-cs.st.com/home this site. It is defined 8.1 and couldn't find anything to change.

Laurent
ST Employee

As it seems you could select one of the three versions :

Laurent_0-1706797639609.png

but not 7.2.0 , so you should try with cube mx local installation. to reach version 7.2.0 (to be aligned with wiki )

fauvarque.daniel
ST Employee

You need to be sure that the network runtime library (under Middlewares/ST/AI/lib) is at the same version as the generated network.c

For example if you have generated the network.c using the STM32CubeAI dev cloud, you need to update the library in your project too and the set of include files.

Regards

Daniel

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Didn't work still cannot analyze with 7.2 version of X-Cube-AI.

Laurent
ST Employee

Hello 

I confirm that i can generate code (and analyze is successfull) with the attached model with version 7.2 as provided by the wiki. This seems strange to me that the model is going through 8.1 and not 7.2 ...

best regards

L

jonathanmeyer
Associate II

Hello,

I don't know the issue is about my board. My board is STM32F429 discovery. Could you share your thoughts ? Still cannot analyze the model on 7.2.0.

Hello 

I Just tried the model with your board, and I get a correct analyse

Screenshot 2024-02-05 142949.png