cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guidelines for beginners to ML on STM32 Nucleo Development boards

AAziz.3
Associate

Hello everyone! First post here. I'm a grad student in Computer Science and Engineering and I'm looking to learn Machine Learning on MCUs. My professor suggested I use the STM32 Nucleo development boards for this. I was wondering if anyone had a rough guideline and perhaps links to some resources which you found really useful on how to get started with this topic. I would be really grateful for any help. Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Julian E.
ST Employee

Hello,

Here you can find the solutions provided by ST for AI and ML:

STMicroelectronics – STM32 AI – STMicroelectronics – Edge AI solutions for STM32 microcontrollers, microprocessors and smart sensors

You mainly have 2 solutions, cubeAI and NanoEdgeAi Studio.

CubeAI : briefly, it allows you to convert AI models (tensorflow, pytorch etc) to be used on microcontrollers. So, you need to create a model (they also provide few models).

Cube is free.

find much more information here: STM32Cube.AI – STMicroelectronics – STM32 AI

NanoEdgeAI Studio: it is a software to help embedded engineer add AI to their solution. You don't need a model nor knowledge in AI. The software only require data, then it will look for the best model and give you C library for an easy deployment.

You can use NanoEdge for free with development boards.

More information: NanoEdge AI Studio – STMicroelectronics – STM32 AI

Best Regards,

Julian

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
AAziz.3
Associate

Hello!

Thank you so much for your reply and suggestion.

Best,

Aziz