cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FP-AI-VISION1 USB Webcam source produces a Black Frame, but binary works

tom239955_st
Associate II

When the binary `STM32H747I-DISCO_Webcam_V300.bin` is dropped onto the DISCO board the webcam application functions. However, when I build from source the webcam is detected and I can see the resolution options in the `windows camera` app, but the frame is just black ... The code builds with no errors. I am wondering what the difference is between the pre-built binary and the source?

4 REPLIES 4
Gln
ST Employee

Hi @tom239955_st​ ,

The `STM32H747I-DISCO_Webcam_V300.bin` was built using IAR Embedded Workbench from the FP-AI-VISION1 v3.0.0 sources. I did a quick test using STM32CubeIDE v1.6.1 and did not see any issues.

The STM32H747-Disco LCD screen is not being used in the USB Webcam application. The LCD screen will stay black.

When using the Windows Camera App, if multiple USB cameras are connected to your PC (e.g. a built-in laptop camera), make sure to use the 'Change Camera' icon and select the correct device.

Regards,

Guillaume

tom239955_st
Associate II

Hi @Gln​ 

Thank you for the reply.

I used the Keil uvision example. It compiles without errors or warnings and the camera is found by the PC. I realise that there will be nothing on the LCD. I was referring to the "black frame" as meaning that in the camera software (Windows Camera App or another like AmCap) the camera is found and it just displays a black frame.

I do not have access to IAR, but could try the STM32CubeIDE. It would be interesting to see if you could test the Keil example though?

Kind Regards,

Tom

tom239955_st
Associate II

Hi @Gln​ ,

I can confirm that when using STM32CubeIDE the webcam works (frames are viewable).

I can also confirm that using the exact same approach with the Keil uVision project I get a black/blank frame.

Please could you investigate this from your side?

Many Thanks.

Kind Regards,

Tom

Gln
ST Employee

Hi @tom239955_st​ ,

Thanks for reporting this behavior. We will look into it.

Guillaume