cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the dual supplie condition for TS393 comparator?

jsmit.1
Associate

I have q question about TS393 comparator.

Datasheet says : 

Wide single supply range 2.7 V to 16 V or dual supplies (±1.35 V to ±8 V)

I dont understand dual supplies condition.What does mean "dual supplies (±1.35 V to ±8 V)"?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @jsmit.1​, to the community!

The TS393 has two pins for the power supply: VCC- (pin 4) and Vcc+ (pin 8), but no pin for GND. The voltage difference between these two pins may be between Vmax=2.7-16V, whereby it doesn't matter whether you connect

• VCC- to GND and VCC+ to this voltage, i.e. Vmax (this is also called unipolar), or
  • whether you work symmetrically to GND, i.e. VCC-= -Vmax/2 and VCC+=+Vmax/2 (bipolar).

You can only process signals that lie in the respective voltage range, i.e. approx. 0...Vmax for unipolar supply and -Vmax/2...+Vmax/2 for bipolar supply.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @jsmit.1​, to the community!

The TS393 has two pins for the power supply: VCC- (pin 4) and Vcc+ (pin 8), but no pin for GND. The voltage difference between these two pins may be between Vmax=2.7-16V, whereby it doesn't matter whether you connect

• VCC- to GND and VCC+ to this voltage, i.e. Vmax (this is also called unipolar), or
  • whether you work symmetrically to GND, i.e. VCC-= -Vmax/2 and VCC+=+Vmax/2 (bipolar).

You can only process signals that lie in the respective voltage range, i.e. approx. 0...Vmax for unipolar supply and -Vmax/2...+Vmax/2 for bipolar supply.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.