cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F469I-Discovery TouchGFX not working

LDini.1
Associate II

Hello,

i need to setup a TouchGFX project for STM32F469i-Discovery.

I tried to create the project via STMCubeIDE with the TouchGFX Software Package.

But the Screen remains black.

I created the project in following steps:

1. Create Project from STMCubeIDE v. 1.10.1 and Board-Selector with default Values
  2. Added Software Package TouchGFX 20.0
  3. Configured LTDC, DISI Host and TouchGFX Graphic Application
  4. Created TouchGFX Project from TouchGFX/ApplicationTemplate
  5. tried to run the project without success

Is there something extra I need to do/implement ?

I already added the /BSP/Components and /BSP/STM32F469I-Discovery Folder

and managed to turn on the Display myself. But I still cant manage to display content on it.

Do i need to write code into the /TouchGFX/target c++ files?

I also created a second project with just TouchGFX Designer, but after running target the screen remains black too.

So neither STMCubeIDE or TouchGFX work for me. But the demo projects work perfectly.

I'm using STMCubeIDE version 1.10.1, TouchGFX Designer version 4.20.0 and Firmware Version 1.27.1.

I have attached a .zip File with both Projects.

"MCU_Display" was made with Cube-IDE 1.10.1 and TouchGFX 20.0

"TouchGFX" was made with TouchGFX Designer 20.0

I'm really looking forward for you replies, since I've been trying to get this running for a week of work now.

Thank you very much

Regards Luis

16 REPLIES 16
Karl Yamashita
Lead II

See if this video helps. The project is done through TouchGFX and imported into STM32CubeIDE for a STM32F429I-DISCO/STM32F429I-DISC1

https://youtu.be/AizWAlbU4Og

and an older video with a STM32F746G-DISCO

https://youtu.be/Q-mfuzW6S-0

If you find my answers useful, click the accept button so that way others can see the solution.

Unfortunately both tutorials don't work in my case. I've already seen some of your tutorials and also noticed that several people are having the same problem with the STM32F469i-DISCO.

I'm so cheeky and assume that the TouchGFX code generation doesn't work, because a TouchGFX project can't be run on the target board, completely independently of the CubeIDE

What I've noticed is that it seems like TouchGFX generates code in assumption that the board uses the OTM... instead of the NT35510 display. I'll try to figure out if that is the problem.

Thank you very much for your reply

Hi,

Could you share your board revision ? You should be able to find this on a white sticker on your board. The displays or touch controllers are sometimes changed between revisions of the board which might explain your issue.

/Romain

Hey,

there is a white sticker on the back with following:

STM32F469I-DISCO

DK32F469I$AU1

And QR Code:

MB1189-F469NIH6-B08

A222301083 

Thank you

Hello LDini.1,

This is a known issue, we're currently working on it internally (ticket n°138075).

I'll get back to you when I'll have more info about it.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX
LDini.1
Associate II

x

👍

Hey,

do you think it's a MXCube or a TouchGFX problem?

I really need my project going since we're on a strict schedule.

Do you think it is possible to overcome this problem, if we configure our project completely with HAL and not MXCube?

Regards Luis