cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure external Sdram to avoid "`TouchGFX_Framebuffer' will not fit in region `RAM'" problem

Uusta.1
Associate III

0693W00000HpFlvQAF.pngI'm trying to build application on my custom STM32F429IITX board (no OS), external sdram is ISSI- IS42S16400J-7TL, 480x272 display, when I try to build app ,I'm getting some errors as you see below

FirstProject.elf section `TouchGFX_Framebuffer' will not fit in region `RAM'

region `RAM' overflowed by 71688 bytes

make: *** [makefile:105: FirstProject.elf] Error 1

I guess my external ram is not detected. but I'dont know what to do. Could you help me?

0693W00000HpFZkQAN.png0693W00000HpFZBQA3.png 0693W00000HpFmZQAV.png 0693W00000HpFmoQAF.png

1 REPLY 1
TDK
Guru

I don't know TouchGFX specifics, but the error indicates you are placing TouchGFX_Framebuffer in RAM instead of SDRAM. Usually this is governed by the linker script and possibly an attribute on the array definition.

It's not a matter of SDRAM being detected, but rather of you configuring it and specifying where things will be stored. I'm not sure where this is done in TouchGFX but there must be an example out there.

Edit: a one minute Google search reveals this, among other helpful posts:

https://support.touchgfx.com/4.18/docs/development/board-bring-up/how-to/05-display-external

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".