cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Howcome TouchGFX designer 4.16.1 keeps making the *.ioc file as if we are using firmware FW_H7 V1.6.0 when the most resent CubeMX has FW_H7 V1.9.0 as default?

BJens.1
Associate III

I keep running into problems that makes the screen black when trying to make a simple example project.

Using board STM32H7B3I-DK (sometimes called STM32H7B3I-DISCO - lack of consistency).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @BJens.1​ ,

Starting a project with an application template for the STM32H7B3 disco board available in TouchGFX Designer, the generated .ioc file is using an old version of STM32H7 firmware package: STM32Cube FW_H7 V1.6.0 while the latest firmware version is STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.9.0.

This misbehavior was already detected and reported to our development team for review. I'll keep you posted with updates.

Sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause.

As workaround, you can manually change the firmware version by deselecting the "Use Default Firmware Location" checkbox, and precising the FW path that will be used:

0693W000008xl0hQAA.png 

Hope this helps you.

Khouloud.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @BJens.1​ ,

Starting a project with an application template for the STM32H7B3 disco board available in TouchGFX Designer, the generated .ioc file is using an old version of STM32H7 firmware package: STM32Cube FW_H7 V1.6.0 while the latest firmware version is STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.9.0.

This misbehavior was already detected and reported to our development team for review. I'll keep you posted with updates.

Sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause.

As workaround, you can manually change the firmware version by deselecting the "Use Default Firmware Location" checkbox, and precising the FW path that will be used:

0693W000008xl0hQAA.png 

Hope this helps you.

Khouloud.

BJens.1
Associate III

Thank you

I finally got the example working 🙂