cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am developing digital inclinometer with lis2hh12 . How to set up these parameters : ODR , Anti-aliasing BW, DFC[1:0] in CTRL2 register for a stable and high accuracy readout ?

PChie.1
Associate

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @PChie.1​ ,

I would suggest you to set mid-ODR (e.g. 50 or 100Hz), and then you can average the sensed data), low FS, low BW, no high pass filter, since otherwise you'll cut the DC earth acceleration that you precisely need for the tilt measure.

For the effective tilt calculation, I suggest you to check the AN4509 application note: Tilt measurement using a low-g 3-axis accelerometer, where s tilt sensing theory and the methods of determining tilt angle measurement of a low-g 3-axis accelerometer are described.

From an algorithmic point of view, you might also consider the MotionTL tilt measurement library in X-CUBE-MEMS1 expansion for STM32Cube, which provides real-time information about the tilt angles of the user device, i.e. cell phone. The library is also able to perform accelerometer 6-position calibration.

If you find this answer useful for you purposes, please please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @PChie.1​ ,

I would suggest you to set mid-ODR (e.g. 50 or 100Hz), and then you can average the sensed data), low FS, low BW, no high pass filter, since otherwise you'll cut the DC earth acceleration that you precisely need for the tilt measure.

For the effective tilt calculation, I suggest you to check the AN4509 application note: Tilt measurement using a low-g 3-axis accelerometer, where s tilt sensing theory and the methods of determining tilt angle measurement of a low-g 3-axis accelerometer are described.

From an algorithmic point of view, you might also consider the MotionTL tilt measurement library in X-CUBE-MEMS1 expansion for STM32Cube, which provides real-time information about the tilt angles of the user device, i.e. cell phone. The library is also able to perform accelerometer 6-position calibration.

If you find this answer useful for you purposes, please please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster.

-Eleon