cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to connect to the SPC584B-DIS with SPC5Studio, however I always get the following error when trying to validate a project on the board: "LOAD ERROR: STM32 - no connected board(s), invalid firmware or the board should be re-started"

FDado.1
Associate

Hello,

I am currently trying to run a Machine Learning application on the SPC584B-DIS MCU. I used SPC5Studio with the AI plugin to create the project and it compiled without an error. The board is connected to the PC by USB cable. When I try to validate the project on the board however, I always receive the error: "LOAD ERROR: STM32 - no connected board(s), invalid firmware or the board should be re-started."

From the manual (https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/dm00532742-spc584bdis--discovery-board-stmicroelectronics.pdf) I understand that I need to set the jumpers in a certain way to enable the communication between the board and a host. I am fairly new to embedded programming however, so I don't understand how to set these jumpers properly so I can communicate with the board. Can someone help me understand?

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
zambrano.luigi
Senior III

Hi,

this error occurs when the Validation is enabled. I suppose you have loaded one of the AI example containing in SPC5Studio for the SPC584B-DIS and you have enabled the Validation in the related tab within the SPC5-AI Component. The error can occur when:

1. The target is not correctly connected to the host. If you disable the Validation, compile the project, download it on the target and execute it, are you able to see the output on a serial console? 
  2. The Validation procedure is started while the validation project is not running on the target. Before to run the Validation from SPC5Studio, the Validation project must be downloaded and executed on the target.
  3. There is a serial console tool (for example, Teraterm) connected with the same serial port used during the Validation procedure. It is strongly suggested to close all the serial console tools before to start the Validation procedure. 

Please, could you check that you are not in one of the previous cases?

In the meantime, please, let me also share the SPC5Studio-AI User Guide, in which you can find more details about how to use the SPC5-AI Component.

Regards,

Luigi

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
zambrano.luigi
Senior III

Hi,

this error occurs when the Validation is enabled. I suppose you have loaded one of the AI example containing in SPC5Studio for the SPC584B-DIS and you have enabled the Validation in the related tab within the SPC5-AI Component. The error can occur when:

1. The target is not correctly connected to the host. If you disable the Validation, compile the project, download it on the target and execute it, are you able to see the output on a serial console? 
  2. The Validation procedure is started while the validation project is not running on the target. Before to run the Validation from SPC5Studio, the Validation project must be downloaded and executed on the target.
  3. There is a serial console tool (for example, Teraterm) connected with the same serial port used during the Validation procedure. It is strongly suggested to close all the serial console tools before to start the Validation procedure. 

Please, could you check that you are not in one of the previous cases?

In the meantime, please, let me also share the SPC5Studio-AI User Guide, in which you can find more details about how to use the SPC5-AI Component.

Regards,

Luigi