cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX Toolchains greyed out

RMcNa.1
Associate

I am using STM32CubeMX v6.0.1. I am designing for the chip STM32L552RET6. The problem is I want to output as a GPDSC file and the option is greyed out. If I select a different chip, I can select that toolchain no problem. How do I force the application to select this toolchain?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RMcNa.1
Associate

For anyone interested, ST support got back to me with this answer:

"The L5 with trustzone enabled is a dual project, one for secure and one for non-seucre. The secure project will ouput a link library used by the non-secure, with the NSC API pointers from the non-secure to the seucre. The CubeMX does not support dual projects so this is why it is not supported on the STM32L5. The L5 was just added to the CUBE IDE, there are examples in the Cube L5 that support the GNU cubeIDE, with make files.... Regards, ST Tech Support M1"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RMcNa.1
Associate

For anyone interested, ST support got back to me with this answer:

"The L5 with trustzone enabled is a dual project, one for secure and one for non-seucre. The secure project will ouput a link library used by the non-secure, with the NSC API pointers from the non-secure to the seucre. The CubeMX does not support dual projects so this is why it is not supported on the STM32L5. The L5 was just added to the CUBE IDE, there are examples in the Cube L5 that support the GNU cubeIDE, with make files.... Regards, ST Tech Support M1"