cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeProgrammer not flashing between 0x08100040 and 0x08100800

rammit
Senior

Programming bank2 of an STM32H743 starting at 0x0810000 leaves a section unprogrammed between 0x08100040 and 0x08100800. Programming bank 1 works fine.

Using the UI and the CLI version 2.4.0 via the UART. I'm pretty sure I don't have any security bits set. What am I doing wrong? My own flash routine in my boot code in bank 1 programs it fine.

8 REPLIES 8

>>What am I doing wrong? 

Hard to know, insufficient data

Are you using .BIN or .HEX files, have you inspected the files?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
rammit
Senior

bin files which look correct. I flash the same files using my my own boot loader and it flashes fine. I inspect the flash memory using CubeProgrammer and IAR.

rammit
Senior

Has anyone been successful at flashing bank2 on the SMT32H743 ?

STM32H753. Yes, both via Cube Programmer debugger interface and internally ("IAP"). Not tried the UART bootloader.

-- pa

rammit
Senior

I verified that programming via ST-Link works fine, but UART does not. Has anyone tried UART programming of Bank2 using Cube Programmer?

Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

Is the bin file padded to an 256 bit boundary? Perhaps some padding problem?

The bin file is 256k in size. I could understand if the size was not rounded to a 256bit boundary at the end of the file That it would not programm that last 256bit word, but the section of flash between 0x08100040 and 0x08100800 does not get programmed.

rammit
Senior

This has been reproduced by ST.