cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement callbacks to my i2c code for the VL53L3CX

Kevyk
Associate

Hi,

I am implementing the VL53L3CX in a custom design and am trying to get the API working. The documentation says that there is one sample included in the API that shows how to call it. It is not present in the supplied API download (VL53L3CX_BareDriver_1.1.4.2352).

It seems the download provided (STSW-IMG015) does not jive with the folder structure shown at https://www.st.com/resource/en/data_brief/stsw-img015.pdf. The actual folder structure is this:

0693W000001pt7mQAA.png

My question is: there doesn’t seem to be any documentation on how to implement callbacks to my i2c code. Am I missing something? I just want to know what code I need to implement (and where) to deliver the i2c data for this device (what functions does the API require me to implement?).

Thank You,

Kevin Kachikian

Bard Designs

kevin@bard-designs.com

2 REPLIES 2
John E KVAM
ST Employee

there are 2 code repositories for the VL53L3CX.

They are:

STSW-IMG015 ACTIVE Embedded SoftwareProximity Sensors SoftwareVL53L3CX API (Application Programming Interface)

STSW-IMG021 ACTIVE Embedded SoftwareProximity Sensors SoftwareLinux driver for VL53L3CX

So choose the one you want.

Unfortunately the zip file is not the same as the link name.

they are en.VL53l3CX_LinuxDriver.zip

and en.en.bare_driver_VL53L3CX.zip

I think you just got the other one.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. It helps the next guy.

Thanks for finally getting back to me John.

I am interested in the Bare Driver for embedded systems (not the Linux variant). As you can see from the graphic above, the content of that folder do not contain those shown in the documentation, and in particular the example code. I need to know how to have the VL53L3CX library call back to my I2C code.

Thank You.