cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The SWD/JTAG can not connect with STM32MP157

SChen.11
Associate III

Hi, I use stlink v2 connect my custom board. The stm32cubeprogrammer shows error message when I use SWD or JTAG mode. The stlink version is V2J33S7.

No STM32 target found!

And I also tested with DK2 board. Could you give me some hints about it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hello,

With STM32MP1, ST-Link is not used for CubeProgrammer, you should use port=usb1 (Altough UART VCP thru ST-Link, i.e. port=COMx or ttyx could be used, but due to amount of programmed data, it is barely used).

Host USB (PC) should be connected to STM32MP15x OTG_HS_DP/DM pins (CN7 on the DK2 board).

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SChen.11
Associate III
 sudo ~/STMicroelectronics/STM32Cube/STM32CubeProgrammer/bin/STM32_Programmer_CLI -c port=swd
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                        STM32CubeProgrammer v2.0.0                  
      -------------------------------------------------------------------

ST-LINK SN  : 066CFF485450827867143917
ST-LINK FW  : V2J33M0
Voltage     : 3.24V
Error: No STM32 target found!

Above is using command line tool to connect stlink on dk2 board.

PatrickF
ST Employee

Hello,

With STM32MP1, ST-Link is not used for CubeProgrammer, you should use port=usb1 (Altough UART VCP thru ST-Link, i.e. port=COMx or ttyx could be used, but due to amount of programmed data, it is barely used).

Host USB (PC) should be connected to STM32MP15x OTG_HS_DP/DM pins (CN7 on the DK2 board).

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I just use stlink to test the SWD/JTAG port is correct connect with stm32mp1 processor. So, I use another stlink v2 through swd connect my board. It's also can not recognised. Which tool I can use to verify the swd or jtag port on stm32mp1 ?

Currently, the only way to test if SWD/JTAG if working is to do an M4 'engineering mode' debug session using SW4STM32.

Stefan Meyre
Associate III

same problem here. Can not connect ST-Link V3 to SWD/JTAG with CubeProgrammer or with CubeIDE. SChen.11 did you find a solution?​

Hi @Stefan Meyre​ 

Could you please precise further your context where you use ST-Link V3 ? ( ST MPU board only support V2)

As a reminder for MPU, CubeProgrammer can not use swd to communicate but only USB.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN