cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bl072z number guessing example resets the join to the network TTN

jg_spitfire
Senior

Hi, first my node did not get the join response and continuosly sent the join request but “suddenly�? my node started to sent the join request and got the join request accepted but repeated the process

0690X000008Al8oQAC.jpg

i mention “suddenly�? because it started to work just when i moved my gateway, then after a few minutes i moved my node antenna toward my gateway and it worked!

0690X000008Al8tQAC.jpg

I am very confused because yesterday i read in a post that the devices (gateway and node) must not be too close then i moved my gateway away from my node and it works then i disconnected my node and when was started once again just sent the join request, i had doubts about the distance between devices but today i confirmed it is the problem but the solution is very random because sometimes works and sometimes doesnt works, any suggestion?

details:

• i am using the pycom lopy4 as gateway and the bl072z “number guessing�? example from st workshop
  • i have the same SF(7) in the node and gateway(i dont know if this is ok)
  • now i have 1 meter of distance between devices and the node has joined to the network correctly and it is sendig data (before was at the same distance but the node antenna toward other direction and didnt work)
  • the duty cycle in the node is disabled (the number guessing example has this option for test purposes and i dont know if this is possible in TTN)

***in the number guessing example is implemented a finite state machine to join the network, and i think that the problem could be the JoinTimer that starts counting when i go from the Join state to Sleep state, i think that somehow this timer produces a timeout and the finite states machine returns to the Join state and repeats this but i dont have idea how to change that timer.

0690X000008AlApQAK.jpg

***i dont think the lopy4 gateway is the problem because in TTN console is online and i have configured another lopy4(as node) and it joins to TTN with no problem and send the data inmediatly

thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Mbolo.11
Associate

I got this problem too. i'm using

and the result almost same for this case, but mine donwlink and uplink are not happend. when i set the frequncy difference(like 923 MHz) nothing happend(join request&join accept) on my TTN.

I need the explenation too..

Thanks

configure the node using ABP, it seems like dragino is a single channel gateway too and it gives a lot of problems using OTAA (I don't know exactly why but is because just can receive only in one frequency), so I developed my project with ABP