Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STVP_CmdLine file read

jro
Associate III
Posted on May 22, 2015 at 16:31

Hi folks

I'm trying to read the (unprotected) contents of the data flash of an STM8L processor via the command line application provided. As this works in the GUI version I assumed I should be able to specify a file to put the output in, but  I can't for the life of me see how. Any clues?

Extra info for the interested: I can't use the STVP GUI as I want to automate the process; I could presumably use the provided DLL but that's more complex than I want to get; I don't know beforehand what the contents of data flash will be (verify won't do, therefore).

Cheers

Jonathan
3 REPLIES 3
amaso
Associate

Hi,

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? Can I save a memory data on s19 file by using STVP_CmdLine? Is it possible to call the ESaveFile function in the STVP_CmdLine application?

diaz
Associate

Anyone? STVP_CmdLine has a -readData command. It looks like it reads it OK, but doesn't display it to the screen. Does it write it to a file somewhere?

jro
Associate III

No, it doesn't, it just reads to a memory buffer, and there's no option to output that buffer to a file.

You can find the source code at https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/development-tools/software-development-tools/stm8-software-development-tools/stm8-programmers/stvp-lib-stm8.html, but despite a "Marketing Status" of "Active" there have been no changes since March 2012. You can probably figure out a more accurate status description for yourself...