cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPWF01: ERROR: Init not performed (time-waited connections)

florian239955_st
Associate II
Posted on January 06, 2017 at 09:59

Hi Master G ;-),

can you explain the error 'Init not performed (time-waited connections)'? I don't find anything about this in the documentation.

I get the error when:

1. Close the ports: AT+S.SOCKD=0

2. Do some web things: AT+S.SOCKON=example.com....

3. Close the sockets... AT+S.SOCKC==00

4. Open the port again: AT+S.SOCKD=33000

If I try to open the port some seconds later I don't get the error any more...

Thx & Regards,

Flow

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on January 17, 2017 at 13:32

Hi Flow,

when a TCP connection is closed, the state machine put the connection resource (into LWIP, it's called 'pcb') into time-wait state. It should avoid that delayed packets can be accepted by a later connection.

Example: there is a configuration variable ('ip_wait_timeout', default: 12 seconds) that affects *not only* webserver. After a connection is received from webserver, served, and closed, connection resource is not cleared till that amount of time expired.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
florian239955_st
Associate II
Posted on January 16, 2017 at 07:36

Hi,

does anybody have an idea what's this error message shall tell me?

Regards,

Flow

Posted on January 17, 2017 at 13:32

Hi Flow,

when a TCP connection is closed, the state machine put the connection resource (into LWIP, it's called 'pcb') into time-wait state. It should avoid that delayed packets can be accepted by a later connection.

Example: there is a configuration variable ('ip_wait_timeout', default: 12 seconds) that affects *not only* webserver. After a connection is received from webserver, served, and closed, connection resource is not cleared till that amount of time expired.

florian239955_st
Associate II
Posted on January 19, 2017 at 07:29

Hi Gerry,

good to know - thank you.

Regards,

Flow