cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warnings in the STVP flashing because of defining ram sections in the Linker.

DMega.1
Associate II

To allocate the particular location to safety variables in the RAM we added new RAM sections in the linker as shown below.

DMega1_3-1693382697325.png

we allocated above address to safety variables as shown below from the code.

DMega1_2-1693382639693.png

Due to above changes we are getting below warning in the STVP Programmer Tool while flashing the *.s19 file to the STM8AF5288 MCU

DMega1_4-1693382763336.png

This warning is generated because of changes done to allocate particular address to safety variables which will add some additional address location which are not belonging to Flash memory address range.

is this warning can be ignored or this is something to be addressed or taken care.

Please advice us on this topic.

4 REPLIES 4
AA1
Senior III

STM8AF5288 MCU have 6K of RAM, so ends at address 0x17FF. Probably the name of the MCU you selected is wrong.

I don't understand why you create this sections. If they need not to be in a fixed address, just define the global variables.

I believe that -k option only applies to code sections.

I did select the MCU STM8AF5288 in STVP while flashing the MCU

I need the variables to be located in specific RAM address range that's why defined these sections

I tried by removing the -k option from settings of compiler but while building the Firmware i encountered the below errors.

DMega1_0-1693569284937.png

I believe you license is expired. Today is the first day of a new month.

ah ha..!! Nope it isn't a license issue. After keeping the -k option for the RAM sections in linker setting the above error goes away