cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM8L MCU interface to ST-LINK/V2 programmer

jmm385
Associate
Posted on April 30, 2015 at 01:32

First time using an STM8L MCU.  I am drawing a schematic and I am not sure if my programming connector is wired right.  I will use an ST-LINK/V2 programmer.  Do I simply connect the 4-pin connector as shown below?  PA0 is the SWIM pin and PA1 is NRST.  According to the datasheet, both of these pins have internal pull-up resistors.

Is it this simple or am I missing something??

0690X00000602m6QAA.jpg

#stm8l #swim
2 REPLIES 2
jmm385
Associate
Posted on May 08, 2015 at 22:39

I have searched and Googled but I have been unable to figure out if my programming interface is correct.  No response yet from the ST Micro technical support ticket that I opened.  Looks like they don't read or respond to the forums either?

I looked at the STM8L Discovery board schematic but it is complicated and appears to have multiple ways to program it.  And I don't know why there is an STM32 on the STM8L Discovery board, is that for programming?

rmottes
Associate II
Posted on May 10, 2015 at 02:02

Attached is a snippet from one of my recent projects, it's a different processor, but should work the same.  I didn't have time to research the differences between the two processors, but this circuit worked the first time and every time since.  The only difference that I see is the pull-up resistor.  Hope this helps.  

Best that I can tell is that the STM32 is on the eval boards for controlling the USB interface.

And I agree, ST-M does not seem to monitor this forum, at least they are not a lot of help.  

Good luck,

Rick

0690X00000602mBQAQ.jpg