cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM8 SWIM not working after firmware upgrade

Vivekanand Dhakane
Associate

I am using my stlink (chinese clone) from last one year for STM8. It was working fine till last week. But when I upgraded its Firmware( to version- 2J37S7) from CUBEIDE then it started misfunctioning for STM8 . Only sometimes it is detected by ST visual programer. Also using visual programmer, program get uploaded but then it automatically get disconnected . It is working fine for stm32 but not for STM8. It all started after I upgraded its firmware 3 days back. Debugging in STVD stop working at all. I ordered new stlink but it too came with new firmware and has same problem. I downgraded the firmware to 2J16S4 but still it is not working.

Following is the error in stvp

Error : Cannot communicate with the device !

Check the SWIM cable connection and check all the needed pin connections on the SWIM connector.

If the application code uses Swim Disable and Reset pin as Output or has disabled SWIM Clock Divider:

Try Now to SWITCH OFF and ON the application Power Supply while NRST Reset pin is forced low.

Error : < PROGRAM MEMORY reading failed.

Follwing is the error when debuging is started in STVD

0693W00000BZn0dQAD.png 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vivekanand Dhakane
Associate

problem solved . It was not due the new firmware . I had connected the NRST pin of the STM8 to the RTS pin of the usb to uart bridge so this was happening. It was not due to the firmware upgrade. Now I am going to connect a resister between NRST and RTS of the USB to UART bridge. So I can program using UART as well as using STLink

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Vivekanand Dhakane
Associate

problem solved . It was not due the new firmware . I had connected the NRST pin of the STM8 to the RTS pin of the usb to uart bridge so this was happening. It was not due to the firmware upgrade. Now I am going to connect a resister between NRST and RTS of the USB to UART bridge. So I can program using UART as well as using STLink